Acupuncture treats the whole person rather than the disease, helping to restore the body's balance. Acupuncture dates back thousands of years and is still being used today because of its effectiveness. Acupuncture is a safe and gentle choice to treat many health conditions. If you are wondering, "Can acupuncture help me?" the answer is probably yes.
The National Institute of Health Consensus states "one of the advantages of acupuncture is that the incidence of adverse effects is substantially lower than that of many drugs or other accepted procedures for the same conditions."
The World Health Organization (WHO) has issued a comprehensive list of diseases and conditions for which acupuncture has demonstrated therapeutic effect. Many of these conditions listed have been proven treatable by acupuncture through controlled trials. While reading the following list, please remember that Chinese Medicine treats the individual holistically, seeing a bigger picture than a single symptom or disease.
Conditions treatable with acupuncture
- Anxiety & Depression
- Drug & Alcohol Dependence
- Respiratory Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Cancer pain
- Skin issues
- Eye, ear, nose, throat, and mouth issues
- Deafness or ringing in the ears
- Eye pain
- TMJ and dental pain
- Emotional & Psychological Disorders
- Knee, lower back, neck, spine, shoulder pain
- Headaches, eye pain, facial pain
- Cancer treatment side effects
- Leukopenia (low white blood cell count)
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Circulatory Disorders
- Pulmonary Heart Disease
- Painful menses
- Morning Sickness
- Difficult lactation
- Labor pain, malposition of fetus
- Delayed labor
- Musculoskeletal Disorders and Pain
- Sexual dysfunction
- Gyneocological / Obstetric Disorders
- Urinary issues, UTIs
In addition to these conditions, acupuncture is able to treat a multitude of other symptoms, disorders and conditions. If you're wondering whether Acupuncture might be right for you, please feel free to contact the clinic at (575) 776-7806 or through the appointment link below.